At Life Dentistry, Dr. James Martin is an experienced restorative dentist. Dr. Martin specializes in full mouth reconstructions, and our team is happy to help you replace missing or damaged teeth to get a smile that looks and feels completely natural.
What is a full mouth reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction usually refers to a restorative dental treatment plan that requires more than 2-3 different procedures. For example, if a patient requires a dental implant as well as multiple dental crowns to cover and protect damaged teeth, this would be considered a full mouth reconstruction.
These types of large cases are often difficult to treat, but Dr. Martin is experienced in full mouth reconstruction and can offer excellent results that restore your mouth and get your life back to normal. His expertise and compassion will keep you comfortable throughout your reconstruction, and you can rest assured knowing you’re in the hands of a skilled dentist.
Why might I need a full mouth reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is typically necessary after patients experience these situations:
- Significant trauma – Most often, this is due to accidents such as a car, motorcycle or bike injury. Slips and falls or damage caused by physical assault can also cause significant trauma to the mouth, leading to the loss and damage of multiple teeth.
- Oral neglect leading to tooth loss and damage – If you have advanced periodontal disease, multiple infected teeth or other issues caused by oral neglect, a full mouth reconstruction may be required.
- Congenital defects – In some cases, full mouth reconstructions are used to treat congenital oral defects, such as severely crooked or misshapen teeth.
Understanding our process
No two reconstructions are the same. Each extensive case must be treated differently, which is why we use a step-by-step process to deliver custom treatment:
- Initial exam – Our doctors will gather information about your oral health and perform an oral exam to determine the extent of the damage to your teeth and mouth.
- Custom treatment plan development – Depending on your budget, oral health, oral hygiene, and a number of other factors, we will develop a custom dental restoration plan tailored to your needs.
- Surgical appointments and treatments – Dr. James Martin will begin the process of restoring your teeth. We do our best to combine treatments and deliver efficient care, which ensures that you can get back to your normal, day-to-day life as soon as possible.
- Follow-up and maintenance – Dr. Martin will schedule multiple follow-up exams to assess your oral health and the integrity of your dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, and any other prosthetics used to restore your teeth.
We can handle the largest cases in Lafayette – come see us for restorative dentistry when your smile requires a talented dentist
Don’t let damaged teeth prevent you from living the lifestyle that you deserve. At Life Dentistry in Lafayette and Louisville, Dr. James Martin can help. Take a look at our smile gallery and our patient testimonials to see some of our past results!
With our custom treatment plans and caring, informative approach to restorative dentistry, we’ll go over all of your choices for your full mouth restoration and deliver the care that you need. Contact us now at (970) 289-5433 or come to our office at 110 Old Laramie Trail, Unit 100, Lafayette, CO 80026.